OKM II Classic Studio
If out of stock, these items are usually available in 5-10 working days.
DACS Advent sale! - Free A3 Adapter with any OKM Purchase
For critical work Soundman have made a "studio" version in each range which boasts almost perfect channel match (<0.5dB difference) and excellent frequency response
Similar in appearance to the small in-ear headphones you usually find supplied with a portable CD or mp3 player, the Soundman binaural microphones where developed to try to capture sound the way we perceive it by making the microphones small enough to fit in the ear. Using computer matching, the pairs of microphones are carefully selected and in use the results are startling, generating very realistic spatial stereo imaging.
There are a number of advantages to the design, especially when recording on location. They are discrete - ideal when recording interviews, background in public places or concerts (with permission from the performers); they can easily be stored away for transport (they're small enough to fit in your pocket); both hands are free which makes it easier to adjust the recording levels and control your recording equipment. If required the microphones can be attached to a stereo bar, melon, tennis ball or football to name but a few of the various methods already tried.
After some experience of using the OKM with your preferred recording device, your ears will become your monitors and you will soon know from what you are hearing what results you are going to get, producing excellent recordings in all sorts of conditions, every time.
- Binaural stereo recording producing a stunning reproduction of the sound source, with outstanding spatial characteristics
- Are omnidirectional electret condenser microphones
- Are especially appropriate for live music recording
- Are suitable for high quality speech recording
- Durable plastic case that easily fits in a pocket
- Allows hands free operation of other equipment while you record
- Can also be used as a lavalier or boundary microphone
- Are suitable for LINE-Inputs with A3 adapter when recording loud sounds
- Can be plugged into a studio mixer/pre-amp with Phantom power using the DACS PPA
- The respective Studio variants are selected microphones with channel synchronisation of less than 0.5 dB between the left and right. This selection takes place in the frequencies relevant for stereo listening. The result - minimised channel deviation - provides more transparent sound, particularly in recordings made in areas with good acoustics.
For more information please visit the Soundman website.