OKM II Pop/AV inc A3 adapter
If out of stock, these items are usually available in 5-10 working days.
Similar in appearance to the small in-ear headphones you usually find supplied with a portable CD or mp3 player, the Soundman binaural microphones where developed to try to capture sound the way we perceive it by making the microphones small enough to fit in the ear. Using computer matching, the pairs of microphones are carefully selected and in use the results are startling, generating very realistic spatial stereo imaging.
There are a number of advantages to the design, especially when recording on location. They are discrete - ideal when recording interviews, background in public places or concerts (with permission from the performers); they can easily be stored away for transport (they're small enough to fit in your pocket); both hands are free which makes it easier to adjust the recording levels and control your recording equipment. If required the microphones can be attached to a stereo bar, melon, tennis ball or football to name but a few of the various methods already tried.
After some experience of using the OKM with your preferred recording device, your ears will become your monitors and you will soon know from what you are hearing what results you are going to get, producing excellent recordings in all sorts of conditions, every time.
The A3 Adapter
The A3 adaptor is highly recommended for use with the OKM; again it is very small and fits between the OKM and the recording device. It comes with some useful features: a bass roll-off filter, a -20dB attenuation pad, and a battery tester. The OKM usually gets its power from the plug-in power available on most modern mini-recorders, which is 1.5V. The A3 supplies the microphones with a 6V charge, increasing headroom significantly and removing the need for plug-in power. The interface can now be plugged into the microphone input or the line input (depending on sound pressure levels) which means a larger range of sound pressure levels can be recorded simply by hanging the combination of input and the attenuator pad setting. Any unwanted low frequency background noise can be filtered away using the bass roll-off filter.
- Binaural stereo recording producing a stunning reproduction of the sound source, with outstanding spatial characteristics
- Are omnidirectional electret condenser microphones
- Are especially appropriate for live music recording
- Are suitable for high quality speech recording
- Durable plastic case that easily fits in a pocket
- Allows hands free operation of other equipment while you record
- Can also be used as a lavalier or boundary microphone
- Are suitable for LINE-Inputs with A3 adapter when recording loud sounds
- Can be plugged into a studio mixer/pre-amp with Phantom power using the DACS PPA
For more information please visit the Soundman website.