Sonnox Oxford Inflator - Native
The Inflator is a unique process that can provide an increase in the apparent loudness of almost any programme, without obvious loss of quality or audible reduction of dynamic range, yet avoiding damaging increases in the peak level of the signal. The inflator process can also bring power, presence and warmth to programme material and even provide headroom overload margin above digital maximum with a subtlety and musical character reminiscent of tube systems.
- Increases the loudness of almost any programme material.
- Creates warmth, character and dynamic excitement, similar to that of analogue systems.
- Provides virtual headroom above digital maximum to allow percussive peaks to pass without causing signal overload.
- Creates artistic effects ranging from subtle tube-like harmonic characteristics for warmth, presence and 'in your face' fatness, to outright saturation distortion modelling.
- Features two modes of operation - direct and band split - for maximum flexibility and artistic creativity. These two modes also ensure optimal DSP usage.